amazee.io is a global Managed Service Provider, specialising in high-performance, flexible, enterprise-grade container hosting solutions built for speed, security, and scalability, with a fully remote, worldwide team. We empower large scale organizations with better deployment processes, the freedom of local development, a flexible container-based hosting platform that can be located anywhere in the world, and 24/7 white-glove support and services.
We’re looking for a Systems Support Engineer to join our remote team. As a Systems Support Engineer with amazee.io you’ll be supporting our customers with technical challenges and questions, working alongside Senior Systems engineers on more complex issues, helping to maintain our hosting environment, and be developing further technical skills on the job.
The Open Source hosting industry is constantly evolving and we are looking for someone that is both curious and willing to pick up new technology quickly. We believe this is a great opportunity to learn and sharpen your skills, whilst working with the latest emerging technologies in the Open Source world.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting client onboardings, trainings, and post onboarding support via slack or e-mail
- Trouble free deployments of client projects
- Designing and implementing continuous integration & development pipelines together with our enterprise customers
- Specifying, implementing, documenting, and rolling out features & updates.
- Further learning, implementing, supporting and advocating DevOps principles
- Supporting the stability of our hosting environment
- Some oncall work (usually within reasonable working hours, and weekends)
- Communicating via gifs and emojis
What you’ll bring:
- A desire to help customers succeed through direct interaction and support
- Experience working with Docker and Docker Compose
- Experience working with agile project methodologies and principles (specific DevOps experience would be great!)
- Some hands on experience and comfort with Kubernetes, and microservices in general
- Experience working with a cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure) - Ideally whilst in a development or support role
- Fluent English
- Location is not important. This is a remote position, although we have a preference for a US, Australia/NZ, or European time zone for your working hours.
What we’ll bring:
- Work in a globally distributed team of creative professionals in a flat international organization
- Tackle projects with a large multinational customers
- Opportunity to help build a first-class open-source hosting environment
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work hours/locations
- 40-hour working week / 5 weeks of vacation
- Biennial soft and hardware budget
- Attend conferences and workshops to extend your knowledge
- Annual education and fitness budgets for your development and wellbeing
So what’s next?:
Apply! Send us your CV and cover letter showcasing who you are, your technical knowledge, and anything else you think we should know!
The amazee.io Team.